Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Creating Tables

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Colin Noden
    Participant

Hi
    I was just wondering how you created the 3 column table on the demo page at http://themeva.com/switcher/?theme=DynamiX (vertical tabs page). I can’t seem to find an option in the Visual Composer for creating tables
    Thanks

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

I can help you for this one.
    You must activate the “Visual composer’, then add a row and at the top oh that row on the left you can see a small tab with two columns. When you hover above this tab than a full set of tabs appear, with many options for columns. You just have to choose what you want for that row

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Colin,

Tables are no longer used on modern websites as they are not responsive. If you remove the frame on the demo site you are linking to, we will be able to see the exact page you are on.

Visual Composer has columns and rows which act like tables. Thank you Mairie for the description, that is how they can be used.

Colin Noden
    Participant

Thanks for your help with this Mairie and Tom. The only problem I have is when the table is viewed on a mobile device it loses its row formatting. (Each ‘cell’ wraps below rather than stays in the original row.) There is an example of a table on the vertical tabs demo page at: http://dynamix.themeva.com/2x-sidebar-right/ (Table Example) and this seems to work quite well. I was just wondering how this was done using the visual composer? Thanks again for your all your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Colin,

My mistake, I thought you were talking using them in a different way.

The table on the demo site appears to have the same formatting on the iPhone as it does the desktop for me. It can be inserted using a text block within Visual Composer, switch to Text tab, add in the following HTML.

<h4>Table Example</h4>
    <table>
    <tbody><!-- Results table headers -->
    <tr>
    <th style="text-align: left;">Heading</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Content</td>
    <td>Content</td>
    <td>Content</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Content</td>
    <td>Content</td>
    <td>Content</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

Colin Noden
    Participant

Again big thanks for all your help! Would be great perhaps if there was a visual editor option rather than HTML code (although appreciate that tables are being deprecated)
    Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.