Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Creating text area in header

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Colin Noden
    Participant

Hi – don’t know if you can help,I’m trying to put a phone number in the Header area. The only options I can see are the Header Custom Field, the Header Infobar Message or through the Custom Header HTML / Shortcode but none of these are in the correct position. I did think of creating a header image of the phone number in the Global header settings but this is not really the ideal solution. Is there another way of entering a phone number or other text in the Header area (e.g.through a header widget or similar?) Or is it possible to create a widget for the header area to do this perhaps?
    Thanks for your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Colin,

The best way of achieving this would be to use the Custom Header HTML / Shortcode field under Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Custom Header HTML / Shortcode.

You can either use HTML and CSS or you can use a shortcode which you can create within a page using Visual Composer.

For more information on CSS, please view the screencast here. If you are not confident with CSS, you can always request modification within the Customization Forum here.

The more visual option would be to use Visual Composer. To do this, create a new page > Using Visual Composer, build up your telephone number section using a text block and other elements > Once happy, switch to Classic Editor > Copy the code > Go to the header field > Paste the code into your header field.

Hope this helps you out.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Colin Noden
    Participant

Thanks Tom – that worked straight away with a bit of CSS – I was a bit lazy not working that out for myself. This is a fantastic theme BTW – best I’ve ever used by a long way.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Colin,

Glad you solved it. Thank you for the compliments, I will pass them on to Andy 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Damon Ebanks
    Participant

Colin…I am trying to do the same thing. Can you please share your solution with me?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Damon,

If you want to add text next to the drop panel trigger / search, add text via Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Custom Header Field.

Colin Noden
    Participant

Hi Damon
    I used the Custom Header HTML / Shortcode field in the Theme Options header for this. I entered something like:
    <div class="phoneheader">Tel: 01928 1234567</div>.
    I then went to the Custom CSS field under the Customize tab and entered some CSS for the phoneheader class:
    .phoneheader {float: right; margin: 45px 2% 0 0; font-size:20px; color:#CAFA08;}
    This seemed to work OK for me.

incidentally I used this method also to add in social icons and a search box in the header(rather than the default one) by using a draft page and then the visual editor to create some shortcode. Once I had created the shortcode I then switched back to classic editor and copied the shortcode into the Custom CSS field below the phone code
    Hope this helps!

Michael Clarkson
    Participant

hi damon

where is the custom css in the customize tab? im not seeing it

Michael Clarkson
    Participant

found it sorry i was having a mental blip

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.