Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / CSS Question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

I have a page from a Classified Plugin that I am trying to change the Continue button from light grey so it can be seen http://fscbmwcca.com/fscbook/classified/place-your-ad/.
    Note you have to login to see this page.
    When I inspect element I see this. I think this is from the theme css and not the plugin. If in the inspect in chrome I change the

input#submit {
    }

and change it to

input#submit {
        background-color: #f98e13;
    }

it only works on the first page of the form.

The css that seems to drive the button is as follows, which I don’t think from the plugin but from the theme. Can you verify this?
    If so, can you help with this? How does grey get selected?

.grey-lite.button a, .grey-lite.button a:visited, .activity-list div.activity-meta a, #item-buttons .group-button a, input[type="submit"].button, h3 a.button, .acomment-options a, h3 a.button:hover, div.item-options a, a.button.confirm {
        background-color: #ededed;
    }

Thanks

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You could override the grey by using this bit of CSS and adding the important rule:

.grey-lite.button a, .grey-lite.button a:visited, .activity-list div.activity-meta a, #item-buttons .group-button a, input[type="submit"].button, h3 a.button, .acomment-options a, h3 a.button:hover, div.item-options a, a.button.confirm {
        background-color: #f98e13 !important;
    }
    fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

I tried this css and it only works on the first page. The second page the Continue button is still light grey! Very frustrating. How does the grey-lite stuff get selected? Is that the skin?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I follow what you mean by the first page. Do you have a link to the second page where the button isn’t working please?

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

When you place a classified ad it takes you through several steps which are separate screens that all have a continue button. In step 1 you pick a category, in step you you enter the details. You have to be logged in to place a classified ad. This is a test site so you can go ahead and try it out if you think that will help. Or I can provide screen prints.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I couldn’t see where you’ve placed the Custom CSS. Any Custom CSS should be placed into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

I’ve added some for you and the submit button is orange now 🙂

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

I have a Child Theme and placed there. I think I managed to fix it on the live site which uses the Child Theme Configurator plugin and that is the site that counts! I have not installed it on the test site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.