Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / CSS style problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • A plugin, Formidable pro, is having problems displaying correctly on my website. I´m suggesting these solutions here instead of just deleting them in the style themes because, if the Dynamix theme is updated, it will revert back to the same problem. Can you please maybe issue a minor update to the theme to fix these problems?

The problems is; The formidable forms become dark  (http://bjorspjall.is/?page_id=3517) because of the dark theme.

I got some pointers from the devoloper of the Formidable forms, maybe you can use them or maybe it´s just to extreme to fix over all?

Here is some of the problematic CSS.

Line 1075 of the dynamix theme’s style.css file contains some margin that is causing some issues with labels… I was wondering if it couldn´t be deleted or at least the margin:4px 0 0 0; here is the line:
    input[type=text],file, select, input[type=password],input[type=file],textarea,input {...margin:4px 0 0 0; ...}

Line 127 and 134 of the dark-content.css file contains the styling that is causing the field inputs to be dark in the formidable forms. removing or commenting out those lines should change the fields all to the light background. Here are those lines:
    #toppanel pre, #content pre, #toppanel input[type=text], select, #content input[type=text],#toppanel input[type=password], #content input[type=password],#toppanel input[type=file], #content input[type=file], #toppanel textarea, #content textarea,#content input, .side-wrap input, textarea {
    background:#2b2b2b url(images/shadow-h.png) top repeat-x;
    border: 1px solid;
    color:#ccc;
    border-color:#1c1c1c #3b3b3b #3b3b3b #1c1c1c;
    }

select,option,option[selected] {
    background:#2b2b2b;
    border:none;

}

Those two locations are the main ones that are affecting the formatting of the formidable forms. removing those lines should result in a form looking like they should.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The only real way to overcome this is to add custom code to show the fields for the plugin and not vice versa. The theme has to cater for most scenarios and the stated CSS is designed to do that, did it not look right with the dark fields?

No, the form fields all become dark and the letters become dark gray which makes it hard to read and when i start to enter a e-mail address in the forms, the forms become white for a brief time or until i enter the @, then it reverst to norma, i would recommend, you try it, you can go to http://www.bjorspjall.is and use the drop down area, there is a custom built form and try and put in your e-mail and you´ll see what i´m talking about. I have already fixed the field coloring by changing the CSS style, like i mentioned above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.