Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / CSS Typography: Grey on Grey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff
    Participant

Always me guys! Sorry to bother but as I’m developing the site with DynamiX questions on use arise. Btw, DynamiX is one of the most complete, flexible, powerful themes I have ever worked with. All this power and flexibility comes with a learning curve but the results are amazing. And this is from a non programmer.

Back to business. I added a text block and divider and below it another text block with 2 columns. See images. The problem is I would like my title text block on the same grey background as the text block below it on 2 columns. See the imnage of the visual composer. It seems fine but on the front-end there is a “white gap”. Any suggestions on how to remove it? I used the custom CSS code wide-row for both blocks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Each ‘row’ will have a line in the middle of them to separate them up, but what you can do in this instance is add another row into your top row. Divide the new row into 2, then drag the text below into the new divided row.

This should then put all of your text within the top ‘wide-row’, wrapping all your text in the grey background color.

Sounds confusing but once you have done it once you will understand straight away.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff
    Participant

I sort of solved it based on what you suggested. Problem is I could not add a full row, but to the block only add a LEFT and RIGHT row. So I solved it by adding a row on the left and a row on the right. Added the title on the left and it sort of works. Looks ok, I think.

Raul Moreno
    Participant

Hey tom,
    I didnt understand your explanation very well. Im still unable to emulate the same row as the demo with the title and two elemts below it.

Jeff
    Participant

Raul, as I mentioned I sort of solved it but didn’t understand Toms method too. 🙂

I made 2 columns and set both CSS to wide-row. The first column element I added a title and then below that text etc. on the second column because there was no title I added an empty element and set some HTML code inside with just a style in the div and a font-size: 10px; I then increased the px size until the second column text aligned with the first column text.

As I said, solved the problem but not in the right way.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

If you provide a screenshot of how you want it to look and your login details I can set up a test page for you so you can understand what I mean. It’s quite complex hence the dodgy explanation, sorry about that!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff
    Participant

@tom thank you very much for the offer. Me personally I’m ok because I redesigned my homepage to reflect my deficiencies and its fine now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.