Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / cufon font issues

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • mike w
    Participant

Hello,

Just updated to wordpress 3.2, and suddenly I can't upload the cufon javascript files because of 'security issues'.  I manually uploaded the files to my server and entered the path to the files in the dynamix control panel, but the site doesn't seem to recognize my cufon fonts or something – either way the theme isn't rendering properly with the selected fonts.

I've tried 2 or 3 different fonts without luck.

Any ideas what might be causing the problems?

Cheers, thanx for the incredible theme, can't wait to get things setup with it.

Mike W

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I've just tested this on this server and it works fine uploading cufon fonts – sounds like WP is not happy. WP 3.2 is causing a few issues…… but it seems most of them are to do with the install. 

Can you test on another installation?

LHOMMAIS OLIVIER
    Participant

a solution for cufont working with WP 3.2

i have upload by ftp my cufonts.js directly to a new folder named “fonts”

under the plugins folder

and paste url in cufont settings of dynamix general settings

by security WP cufon is installed and javascript for my cufont paste in it…

it's work !

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That's strange, I've not come across this security issue – can you not upload javascript to WP either?

David brown
    Participant

Im having the same problem when trying to upload a .ttf font file. Talks about a security issue then doesnt upload it. i will try and make a folder manually in the ftp and see if i can do it that way. i havent updated wordpress though.. this is just the first time ive tried to add font.

David brown
    Participant

heres a screen shot of what happens everytime i try..

ps putting into a folder then copying the address into the bar didnt work for me either..

link to screen shot —

http://barcelona-underground.com/wp-content/gallery/Screenshot.png

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You're uploading a ttf font that's why, it's supposed to be a javascript font. If you want to use that font you have to convert it first here http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/

Jen
    Participant

Different Cufon question.  I uploaded a Cufon Font for branding only (only that radio button selected), yet all my h1 and h2 tags are now bold.  I have gone to the editor to ensure that the font family has stayed exactly the same as the default.  Why might my header tags have all gone bold and how can I change them back?

Thanks,

Jen

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

hi Jen,

By changing to branding only you are now only apply the cufon font to the branding area and nowhere else. The h1,h2 tags are displaying as normal (without cufon applied). 

Jen
    Participant

To clarify, while only my branding (logo area) changed fonts for some reason all of my h tags (while still remaining in the original/default Lucia font family) have automatcially and on their own turned bold.  So they didn't change font type (because I didn't want them to) they just all turned fat and bold and I can't figure out how to undo this.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you send a link Jen?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.