Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Cufon font

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Morgan Kidd
    Participant

Hi,

I have used the custom skin creator to edit in my own skin which works perfectly. I have downloaded and installed a cufon font, however, the size for the H1-H6 is too small and I need to increase it, but I am not sure where to start. I have looked through the code but I didn't see anything that would help.

Many Thanks for you help in advance,

Morgan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Morgan,

To change the h1-h6 I'd recommend setting them manually in the Skin Settings -> Cusotm CSS field. Add something similar as per below. 

h1 {font-size:40px;}

h2 {font-size:36px;}

etc

You may have to add the important rule for it to take affect e.g.

h1 {font-size:40px !Important;}

Morgan Kidd
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I will give this a go and let you know how it goes

Morgan

Morgan Kidd
    Participant

Hi Andy,

it's working great I just have one more question. How can I make the cufon font Bold using the Custom CSS?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

Morgan Kidd
    Participant

Oops, forgot to also ask how to change the colour of the h2 as it seems to stay as either dark or light on the slider

Having tested the site on my ipad I notice the cufon doesn't load leaving unattractive writing in white. Is there anyway to make this work on such devices? I used a plugin before called "font" and once I changed the h1 and h2 with that it would still show on my ipad, maybe looking into the plugin may allow this in future updates?

Kind Regards,

Morgan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Strange it's not loading on the iPad. 

Unfortunately you can't make cufon bold using CSS. It has to be built into the font. 

To change the colour you'll need to edit DynamiX/lib/inc/cufon-replace.php and search for this line. 

Cufon.replace('.stage-slider .gallerytitle.light h2, .stage-slider .gallerytitle.light h3, #item-header-content h2 span.highlight, .accordion-gallery .excerpt h2, .container .title h2, .accordion-gallery .title h5', {

You can either change the colour values there or change to the following and add the colour via CSS.

Cufon.replace('.stage-slider .gallerytitle.light h2, .stage-slider .gallerytitle.light h3, #item-header-content h2 span.highlight, .accordion-gallery .excerpt h2, .container .title h2, .accordion-gallery .title h5');

Morgan Kidd
    Participant

Ok,

many thanks for that Andy, maybe I will try again and see if it works on the iPad. I will let you know how it goes.

Morgan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you mean?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.