Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Custom div added above footer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • quiteright
    Participant

I am looking to add a div above footer for all pages. I was trying to find the right template to copy over to the child theme and amend, but cannot locate the file where I can edit the footer tag. Please let me know where to look for that code, footer.php file does not seem to contain the html output for the footer, but only closing tags for the main page containers

Thanks

Hi @quiteright

Can you please send a mockup of how you want it to look and where you want to place this div so we can check if this can be done easily via widgets or if there is a need to mess PHP codes on the child theme?

Regards,

quiteright
    Participant

We’d like to be able to make amendments to the child theme as there will be different sets of elements or simply a multicoloured frame added depending on the page template and this is going to be much easier to build within the php file. Please let me know where we can find the part of code responsible for the html output of the footer

Hi @quiteright

The file that controls this is functions-core.php.

Line 1664 contains the function for the footer. You can customize this file to however you prefer.

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.