Home / Forums / ePix Support / CUSTOM GOOGLE FONT NOT EMBEDDING

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Lucas Gaudette
    Participant

Hi there, in the backend theme options I specified a google font ‘Audiowide’ I filled in both the link and CSS name ‘Audiowide’ and ‘Audiowide’ for my headings. It displays fine on my system but that’s probably because I have that font installed. When I call up my site on mobile or other people’s desktops their default browser font is shown instead. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Lucas

Lucas Gaudette
    Participant

FYI, I tried to manually embed using @import, javascript, Use Any Font plugin, all didn’t work. I’m confused as to why this might be. I can load another one of my sites with a different theme and this font loads just fine on my mobile, so I know my phone is not the issue.

Lucas Gaudette
    Participant

Another update. I got it working, I used the custom CSS area to simply declare the font-family for my h1,h2,h3 tags.
    So basically in the Customize area it doesn’t actually apply the font properly, but the font is imported it seems. When I called it manually and assigned it to the classes I wanted it loads fine on mobile now. Maybe this is something you guys can look at fixing in the next update?

Thanks in any case,
    Lucas

Lukasz Piech
    Participant

Hi Lucas,

There is no need to use custom CSS for Google font.
    I’m working now with ePix after a long breake from it and at after wiping my server and installing fresh ePix last week google font wasn’t working for me but I fixed it. Somehow the configuration did not saved proper document lines in theme and the fix is simple: change theme fonts to cufon or whatever you want – save – and then switch back to google and select once more font you want – save. Done 😉

At least it did worked for me 😉

Lucas Gaudette
    Participant

Thanks Lukasz! It worked!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for your help again Lukasz 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.