Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Custom Page Template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Dino Eliadis
    Participant

How do I post a custom page template in my Dynamix Child Theme? I need a full-width page template for a custom page/post type. The theme page profile does not display in the page area for a MemberPress member pages. I can select a custom page template but the only ones available are the blog, site map, grid blog, and link templates. I’d like to add a full-width page template to get around this problem. – Dino

Hi @deliadis

There are a number of workarounds to what you want to achieve, not only using your own Custom Page Template.

If you want a full-width page for your custom page, you have the option to set the page to this. When creating/editing a page, scroll down under the Editor and you should see a number of tabs for the theme. Click on ‘Layout’ tab and you should see a number of options on how you want the page layout to look.

Once done, then you can customize the page using Visual Composer.

If you really want to create a Custom Page Template, here’s a guide: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-a-custom-page-in-wordpress/

Regards,

Dino Eliadis
    Participant

I do understand this. The problems is on several special post type the “Page Config” Tab as well as the entire Layout area is not available. Is the a php adjustment that I can make to make the theme work with these items? If so, I am happy with the theme. It’s just they aren’t available to me with several critical plugins in my design primarily:

1) WP Courseware
    2) MemberPress

– Dino

Dino Eliadis
    Participant

Just to add a little more investigation here. I put together a course unit template by WP Courseware’s instructions. The template is not found in the theme’s templates. It’s as if the theme or WP Courseware doesn’t recognize the theme. Is there a way to get them to talk to each other or do I need to abandon Dynamix at this point? – Dino

Hi @deliadis

It is best to wait for the major update for the theme that should be released in the coming days/weeks.

The option for custom page template may behave better on the updated theme compared to the current version you are using.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.