Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Custom Post Type Template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Jody Rogan
    Participant

Hi Support,

I was wondering if you could give me some basic guidelines on how to modify custom post type template files to get the post to display as I wish. I have created my custom post types and categories, I’m using WP USER FRONTEND PRO, I have used this to create meta fields and a frontend solution for users to create their posts. I have copied single.php into my child theme and changed the name for example into single-discussion.php. All good so far!!!

When I came to adding my meta fields to the template file, for example:

echo wpuf_shortcode_map( 'location', $post->ID );

I was successful in displaying the meta field but it came after the LEAVE A REPLY part, whereas I’d prefer it to come immediately after the post content and before LEAVE A REPLY. At the moment I can’t see an obvious way of doing this.

Would you please give me some advice on how to correctly add my meta fields to the custom post type template file so that it appears in the order I prefer (immediately after the post and before LEAVE A REAPLY)?

Many thanks in advance,

Jody

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jody,

Unfortunately we cannot offer support for WordPress sites, only support for the actual theme and not WordPress functions. I recommend asking on the WordPress forums as they should be able to help you out with the customization of this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jody Rogan
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your advice, I’ve gotten it figured out. I copied content.php file and changed to discussion-content.php, I referenced my new discussion-content.php file in my single-discussion.php file as the page content template. From there I’ll be able to make all the modifications I need.

Thanks,

Jody

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.