Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / custom skin – header overlaying the stage background

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff
    Participant

I am trying to do a custom skin.

My header has a dripping effect that i want to “overlay” in the center and im wondering what is the best way to accomplish this?

What im thinking is that i can replace the graphic that is used for the middle background (below header) so that the dripping effect is at the top of it… is this the easiest way to do this?

and if so where is the file located that i need to edit?

thanks!  also, this theme is AWESOME!

Jeff
    Participant

bump, anyone?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

It’s hard to imagine what you’re trying to achieve, do you have a screenshot of what you want?

Jeff
    Participant

this is what i am trying to accomplish:

http://www.jeffreymusgrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Capture.png

if you check out http://www.jeffreymusgrave.com you will see i am close. what i have done is edited the body bg file to match up at the bottom of the header but i havent been able to get it right yet….is there any way that this can be done easier?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What is the CSS you’re using for it. You’ll need to use the background-position: values to control the positioning. e.g.

background-position: center 100px;

You’re best making the width of the drip to 940px ( set the image to the left of it ), that way it’s easier to position it.

Jeff
    Participant

i didnt change any of the background css,

i copied the custom theme header slice and added the drip to the bottom of it, enlarged the gradient to cover everythign,

then deleted the header slice. and it loaded pretty close.  is that center bg file positioned from the top left of the page?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The center bg file is position center top and has a width of around 940px.

Jeff
    Participant

ok, can you check out jeffreymusgrave.com

notice the top of the footer is white not clear. The file is a PNG with transparency there but im guessing it has to do with the footer section as defined by the css?

how can i change this so that my background tile is seen there?

also on the external pages How can I make the header taller?

Jeff
    Participant

This problem is solved.  I figured other questions out from other posts.

What i cant figure out is why i cant move my slider on the home page up to right below the nav bar.

http://www.jeffreymusgrave.com

I tried the custom css i saw in another post and it worked at first, but then i changed

#header

position:     from absolute to relative

and now the code below does not seem to have any affect on the pages… any ideaS?

#header.pages { height:250px !important; }
    #header.gallery { height:400px !important; }
    #header.gallery3d { height:400px !important; }

Jeff
    Participant

i have now implemented

#wrapper #header.pages {height:600px !important;}

in the skin settings custom css

all this did was move the content down so then i went into style.css and changed the height in this line:

.header-wrap,.header-wrap-img {position:absolute;width:100%;height:135px;left:0;top:0;}

to

.header-wrap,.header-wrap-img {position:absolute;width:100%;height:300px;left:0;top:0;}

the support for this theme is the best i have come across in any theme i have purchased. Can’t wait to get started with Tersus!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m glad you sorted it and thanks for the complement, it means a lot!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.