Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Custom Skin .jpegs not designed to be designed to be placed in Child Theme?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • augment
    Participant

HI Andy,

I love the idea of the child theme and just getting used to the idea of changing only the main Dynamix folder when updating my site. If I use the custom skin feature and overwrite the Dynamix main folder, I surely lose the Custom skin graphics that are designed to be placed in the main Dynamix folder.

I just wondered if there was a reason for having it this way or if not maybe this is an idea for a future release?

thanks.,

Jonathan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I haven't attempted it but it should be possible to create the custom skin within the child theme. 

Scott C
    Participant

Can you shed more light on this? I'm trying to do this now, and when i place all the elements where they belong inside the child theme, i still get the default "custom theme creator" skin when custom skin is selected…

I put the custom skin files in /dynamix child theme/stylesheets and the images folder in there.

Scott C
    Participant

http://ohc.scottyshideout.com/

I have the skin in place now, but the only way i could get it to show was by putting the files in the main DynamiX theme folder instead of the Child Theme directory.

I'd prefer to be able to put it in the child theme so i don't have to do this every time i update DynamiX.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure why it's not working in the Child Theme – what version of DynamiX are you using? 

In 2.8.7 I introduced a much simpler method of creating custom skins – it might be worth checking that out. I'm going to release 2.8.8 today so might be worth waiting for that. 

Scott C
    Participant

I just updated to 2.8.7.   Let me ask you this—i see the Custom + skin selection which i believe is what you're talking about.

If i were to use this, would it put the files in the child theme folder if that's the theme i have active?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

You can now place them whereever you want them, the paths just have to be correct. It does work slightly different to the old way but you could for example upload the images to the media library. 

Scott C
    Participant

Thank you very much Andy. Your continued support for this product is amazing.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.