Home / Forums / You Theme Support / custom skin tutorial does not exist

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • simon
    Participant

Hi.
    These tutorials are the same:
    http://docs.acoda.com/you/2016/03/09/editing-creating-a-skin/

http://docs.acoda.com/you/2016/03/09/dock-bar-skin-colors/

Both are the dockbar tutorial. Not the creating a skin tutorial.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Thanks for spotting this, they’ve both been updated with the correct videos now 😉

simon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.

Whenever you install a demo, it will import all pages and posts again from that demo. It doesn’t remove the existing content, so you may see an overlap of things. Which demo did you want to use?

If it’s a fresh WP install, I recommend using the Reset WordPress plugin, this will remove all Pages & Posts and reset skins etc. Note, If you have your own content on the page, this will remove it.

simon
    Participant

Ok. Thank you.
    I do have lots of content on there already.

Please let me know if you think this will work.
    I want to have several pages that have their own videos.
    So I think I can have each page with a category of videos set up as a Portfolio.
    Then I can have a master video page that lists all of the portfolios and then people can sort them by category (which was a request I made of Dynamix so thanks again!).
    In this way the portfolio pages act like slide set galleries?

For now I am just pasting the oembed codes right into the text boxes. Wistia plugin makes them look pretty good.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

thanks for all your help.
    Simon

Hi Simon

What you want to achieve can be achieved via Portfolio.

Regarding the slide set gallery question, can you give us an example? If you can give us a sample site that you want to replicate, we would be glad to check.

Regards,

simon
    Participant

Hi.
    Yes please. My initial vision was to create something like this: http://wistia.com/library

I guess I can just create a category for “New” and just change it every couple of weeks although that is not ideal.

Thanks. Building today. I am glad you are around. Please see my other question about – subheader
    Simon

simon
    Participant

So i need to build a grid gallery like the one on your portfolio template but I need each image to play as a wistia video.
    Is there a work around I can do to make that happen?

I was expecting something more like slide set manager to do this with but I am hoping there is still a way.

Please advise.

simon
    Participant

It looks like Vimeo is only 60$ per month. Would that make the world of difference?
    I just tried to use a wistia oembed code attached to an image in the media library but that image would not show on the gallery.
    Suggestions?

I need to launch this site asap. Like tomorrow if I can do it.
    thanks.
    Simon

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Instead of the Slide Sets now, you can use the Image Selector and within each image of the Media Library, there is a media URL field. Wistia, won’t play within a lightbox, but Vimeo will. So, if you create all the images you want and populate the Media URL field ( make sure no embed is selected ) and then enable lightbox on the Gallery, it should work. I hope that’s what you mean?

simon
    Participant

Even with the vimeo in the lightbox – you can’t use the player controls. it disapears and when you try to make the video larger it just clicks to the next slide. Is that fixable?

Hi @sasenzon

I’ll forward this to Andy. We will get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.