Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Custom Theme Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • adam
    Participant

I would like to make a custom color theme so that the header and footer are solid black.  I wish you simply included "black" as a color skin option.  I don't know why you would require us to go through the arduous process in photoshop to do this when you could have easily provided "black" as a color option.  It makes creating logos with black backgrounds and pictures easy to integrate into a theme color scheme.  Regardless, per your instructions, I cannot tell if all the custom CSS that I have incorporated into my theme to date will be lost if I create a new theme color scheme and upload the files using FTP.  It would seem that uploading the custom. CSS file again will wipe out any custom CSS I have added to date.  Your instructions do not address this very important issue.  Please provide this information and let me know if there is either an easier way to get a black custom header / footer or at least a way to create a custom black skin without losing all the CSS I have already incorporated into the theme.

Much appreciated,

email@automadic.com

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam, 

I am thinking about adding some new skins, I'll incorporate black as one of those options.

Yes unfortunately, when uploading the same files it will override your modified files.

Thanks,

adam
    Participant

Andy, I understand that uploading a newer version of your theme will override my existing theme, including all the new CSS I have added.  But I could just copy the additional CSS to Word or an editor and copy paste it back.  Then I would only need to make a few changes, uploading files, etc.  I could live with that.  Please let me know if you do add an all BLACK and all WHITE background so I can upload it.  But the post I made a while ago regarding changing the SITE TITLE FONT is what I really need now… please help.  Thanks, Adam

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Are you using custom.css to style your skin or style.css? Using custom.css will allow you to keep it separate from the core styling file (style.css). 

Has the site title font not been answered, can you send me a link. THanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.