Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Customization only partially changes site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

Having just bought this theme today, I’ve spent hours pouring over your material in order to learn how to take advantage of its features. My limited experience with a theme this robust is certainly adding to the challenge. In light of this, I hope my questions aren’t too elementary. There are a few things I’m struggling with, but I’ll start with just two.

I’ve customized the theme through the customization option, but it won’t transfer to the live site. After reading through the threads here that had similar issues, I simply can’t figure it out. Some features, such as the header size and certain other details seem to work fine. But not all the colors will change for me (they do in customization, but not on the site), the design of the header and footer don’t show up in the live site, etc.

Also, the analytics code is displayed above the header.

The first of many questions… 🙂

Thanks,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Which plugin are you referring to? When customizing the site through the live editor, please make sure you have set a Default skin and that you are editing that Skin. If you do not set these settings, you will be editing a Skin that is not set therefore you will not see the changes.

With regards to the Analytics code, you will need to type in the entire code provided by Google, not just the UA-123456 code.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Heh.. theme. I think you figured that out though. 🙂

Skin is set to blue. Default skin is set to teal. Body skin is Default. I’m using an image cycle for my background. Data source is Slide Set. In the live editor it seems to work nicely, but not transferring to the live site. What am I doing wrong?

Analytics fixed. Thanks Tom!!

Kind regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

If your skin is set to blue and your default skin is teal, it won’t work. You need to be editing the same skin as the default.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I’m sure that’s logical, but I’m not grasping the reasoning. However, I did as you instructed and bam, it works! Thanks!!

Joe

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Joe
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.