Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / customize

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Jordan A Friend
    Participant

I would like my store front to look different than my homepage. For example my default look has a dark background, however I want my store front to have a white background. I figure this will have to do with the Appearance > Customize but I could be totally wrong. Also On my homepage I want to get rid of the border on the bottom page and the “Homepage” text. Thanks
    http://www.loscalls.com

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,

To get rid of the border, go to Appearance > Customize > Body > Content Frame, Disable.

To remove the Home text, edit your page > scroll down under your content to Page Config tabs > General > In the alternative page title, type in BLANK. This will remove the page title.

The skin cannot be changed specifically on WooCommerce pages as they take the default skin of the site. What you can do is set the default skin to the one you want to appear on the WooCommerce pages, then set a different skin for all of the other pages manually.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Jordan A Friend
    Participant

How do I make another style other than default?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jordan,

I recommend watching the screencast on editing skins here as this will greatly help you out with this.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Brian Wohn
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I was watching a YouTube video on how to setup woocommerce and it mentions “add-ons” – do I need an add-on to use woocommerce with Dynamix WP theme? And, do I just install it and its Pages and go from there? Is this still compatible with the latest Dynamix theme. Just wanted to know before I went too far installing the plugin. Thanks much!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

DynamiX works with the plugin WooCommerce right out of the box. You can use extra WooCommerce add-ons to add more functionality but usually they are not needed.

Tom

Brian Wohn
    Participant

Ok, thanks! Do I need to make my site SSL (add a certificate) too then? Thanks again!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Making your site SSL is not a necessity but if you are going to build a big shop with lots of customers, it might be worth looking into.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Brian Wohn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.