Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Customizer error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • MikalaMarie
    Participant

Hello! I am getting the following memory error when trying to access the customizer (Appearance » Customize):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/corpuzfa/public_html/test.corpuzfamilydentistry.com/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-control.php on line 186

I haven’t run into this before when trying to access a customizer and the host says everything is set up correctly and they expanded the memory threshold. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hi @mikalamarie

Your server maybe set to a low memory value. You can increase this value by following this guide here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Regards,

MikalaMarie
    Participant

Hi there,

So we upped the memory to 128 and I was still running into the fatal error. I then started disabling plug-ins and it worked only after disabling woocommerce. Thoughts on how to fix this issue so that we have access to the plugin? If you want to send me a zip of the plugin I can try uninstalling and re-installing.

Please note that I did try deleting the plugin and re-installing that way and still ran into the fatal error after activating the plugin.

Hi @mikalamarie

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check on this further from our end?

Regards,

MikalaMarie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @mikalamarie

It is best to coordinate with your hosting provider as they can provide you or guide you through on your error logs. Error logs will show the exact reason why a fatal error appeared. That way you can isolate the issue faster and fix it.

Regard,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.