Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Cyrillic (Russian) names problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Maxim
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem when I use Russian keyboard (alphabet). I can not put Russian text in Drop Panel Columns, in Footer Columns, in Gallery Slide Sets (including Categories, Titles and Description there). When I put English text, all is working fine. When I put Russian text and click Save Slide Set, all settings just disappear from Gallery Slide Sets (current gallery). Instead of that I get an empty Gallery Slide Set window and all fields contains only letter "a".

When I use Russian text in Posts, Links, Pages, Comments, all is working fine.

My site is http://www.liveproduction.ru

Screenshot:

Screenshot

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maxim,

I'll take a look into why it will not receive those characters – for the timebeing can you use characters and numbers for you slide sets? They are only an ID and the names are for your reference only. 

Maxim
    Participant

Hello Andy,

I am using English for Slide Sets right now. That is OK for me. The main problem that I can not use Russian in Title, Description, Categories etc… even if I name the Slide Set in English. The same is with Widgets. Even if I will put only one letter in Russian and all other text will be in English – all setting disappear.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maxim,

All you need to do now then is choose a font which can handle Russian characters – you can choose one from cufonfonts.com and upload via the DynamiX -> General Settings page or Skin Settings if you're using 2.8.7. 

I hope that helps 

Maxim
    Participant

Of course, this is the first thing that I did. Since the standard Cufon Font which came with Dynamix theme doesn't support Russian. I added a Cufon Font which supports Russian – Lucida_Sans_Unicode_400.font_.js. Because in the beginning h1-h6 tags also disappeared, when I wrote text in Russian. Now everything is fine. But the problem with Slide Sets after that is still actual.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

My apologies I thought you meant the titles on the front end – I'll look into this to see how I can support the characters in the database. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.