Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dashboard disappeared with WP update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just updated WP and my dashboard practically disappeared. The admin bar and all content other than the side menu are gone. Clicking on the side menu does work, but still I get no content.

This doesn’t appear to have affected the site, so no panic at all. I’m just at a loss as to what I can do. If necessary, you still have the same credentials. Obviously I can’t check them, so we’ll have to dig a bit in one of my previous threads to find it if you don’t have it available.

Thanks for any help,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I have just logged into your site and I can still see the sidebar but it has less tabs in than before. I recommend contacting your hosting company as they might be able to resolve this for you. Updating WordPress should not give you problems like this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

We did find a couple of errors associated with plugins that apparently caused this. After changing the name of the BuddyPress plugin, my dashboard came back up as it should. Unfortunately, now my registration doesn’t work. Guess I’ll be chasing rabbits for a bit. Apparently the bp group mail plugin and one of my themes are causing issues too, though they didn’t affect the dashboard.
    I know it’s not a theme issue now anyway, but if you have any ideas, I’d appreciate some insight. This is over my head.

Kind regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I recommend not renaming any plugins or folders as this can cause many issues. It might be worth removing the plugin and re-installing it. Also, removing any plugins or themes that are not needed might help you out too. Apart from that, I am not sure what else could be affecting things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

It’s a mess. Trying to break it down is tough for me. But I’ll learn. 🙂

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom/Andy,

I’ve deactivated all the plugins. With no plugins at all, my header is a bit messed up. Not sure what’s going on.

The blog page is acting up, with one column sporting microtext – http://allaboutchile.com/grid-blog/

So far, other than that, I seem to be gaining on it. 🙂

Thoughts?

Happy New Year!

Thanks
    Joe

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Whatever CDN service you’re using, it’s caching the old content and therefore that’s why the site looks like it does. Try clearing the CDN cache and it should work. But it’s 100% a caching issue.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Andy,

I’m working on this. You’re saying the left column having tiny text is a caching issue too? That’s been going on since well before the update. I thought we’d fixed it once, but then it came back.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Clearing the cache did fix the header, just as you said it would. But the text is still strange on the blog page. Any ideas or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Happy New Year!

Wow, I’ve never seen anything like that. What happens when you switch to normal blog view? If that works, try switching back too.

Joe
    Participant

Hi Andy,

It works fine when I set it to blog. When it put it back to grid we get the microtext again.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve never seen anything like that – I can’t replicate it on my site, if you switch back to Grid ( or set up a test page using the grid template ) I’ll investigate further.

Joe
    Participant

Okay, thanks. I can live with blog format if we can’t figure it out. But it would be nice to have it working. Grid is back on.

Joe
    Participant

Hi guys, i think this one got lost. 🙂

The grid is back on and the tiny text is still displaying. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Heh, did you do that or did I? If you did, that was super fast.

I started using the Plugin Organizer plugin. It turns off certain plugins for certain pages. So far I’m very pleased. There must be one that was messing with this feature for some reason, unless you fixed it before I restricted the plugin use on this page.

Thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.