Home / Forums / ePix Support / Demo content won't go away

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Susan Clarke
    Participant

I’m not having any luck at all getting my pages to preview or work at the front-end. When I preview my edited home page, all I see is the demo content. I have added a gallery of my own pictures but it won’t show up after updating etc. I’ve tried building a new home page from scratch but it doesn’t work either. I’ve made slide sets but they don’t appear when I preview the page. I have resized the images so that they are all 300kb or less, so it’s not the size that’s the issue. Should I delete all the demo content and start from scratch? Feeling extremely frustrated.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I think the best way to resolve this is for you to provide your WP login details so I can see what is going on. Nothing like this has been reported before, so hopefully it’s a simple solution.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

PS. when posting your details, please click the “Set as private reply” so only myself can see them.

Susan Clarke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Visual Composer had a few errors on their latest update, which meant I had to enable some of their default elements for errors not to appear. Carousel Gallery is one of them. By default the Visual Composer styling is disabled ( it’s too heavy on page load for my liking ).

If you’re set on using this element, you’ll need to go to Appearance > Theme Options > General > Visual Composer > Enable VC elements. This should show the Carousel fine.

However, if you don’t want to enable that option, you can use the theme Carousel Slider and use Slide Sets or Portfolio Categories as your data source.

I think by default Visual Composer doesn’t show itself within Posts or Portfolio, if you goto WP Admin > Settings > Visual Composer > Content types > Enable for Post and Portfolio.

Both Portfolio and Slide Sets are a “Data Source”, you add Galleries in pages and you can select “Portfolio” or “Slide Sets” as the datasource. The biggest difference is that Portfolios link themselves to a single page ( the same as a post ), where you can even add more content, like images, text etc.

Slide Set on the other had, do not have their own page, however they can link to any page, post or URL. So it really depends on what you require.

If you want to showcase a portfolio of say photography and want to click through to the individual photo and it have more information, use the Porfolio post. However, if you want to showcase a portfolio of photography but not link anywhere, I would use the Slide Sets.

I hope that helps?

Susan Clarke
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

What’s your URL, I’ll see if I can see what is happening.

The demo content had a good example of how to use the Portfolio. It had a Portfolio Page, where it had a Grid Gallery within and the Portfolio Categories as the data source.

Susan Clarke
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I’m sorry you’re having difficulties. There was a couple of unfortunate situations that were causing issues here:

1. The slug of the Portfolio page was “portfolio”, however this shares the same permalink as the Post Type “Portfolio”. So, I’ve renamed it to “my-portfolio”.

2. There was a plugin changing the Portfolio posts to “Projects”, I’ve disabled that and it now works. You may find that was the cause of the image not showing either.

Hopefully that has cleared a few things up and you can carry on creating 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
    Andy

Susan Clarke
    Participant

Thank you Andy! In my sister’s words, your blood’s worth bottling.

So happy to know it wasn’t my dull brain that was at fault. I haven’t had time to work on it this weekend and will start again tomorrow. I have had a look and had to fix the contact form. I’m guessing the plugin was part of that, so I’ve used another plugin to fix the Contact Form.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how it all goes. Very grateful for your time and patience.

Kind regards

Susan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

You’re very welcome! I hope all goes well with it this week!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.