Home / Forums / You Theme Support / desktop only post grid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • dannecf
    Participant

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble but I was wondering if its possible to have my postgrid to appear only on desktop and not on mobile the reason being that on mobile you cant hover over it, so there is no point having it. You can see that on my main page readpublichouse.uk

Also, I want ot make the pictures on my blog grid bigger and 3 columns, both of these options aren’t working. I have tried in theme options, in customizer, but the changes don’t show?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @dannecf

You can copy and paste this CSS into Theme Options > Custom CSS> Mobile CSS to hide the post grid on mobile

.home div#blog_container {
        display: none;
    }

For your second concern, can you please send over your login credentials so I can check how your page is set up?

Regards,

dannecf
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @dannecf

I was assuming you were referring to that section.

To hide the grid under “Best Of” use this CSS

.the-best-of-grid {
        display: none;
    }

To increase the size of the grid, then you just need to edit the post Grid then update ‘Grid elements per row’ to 3 from the current value, 6.

Regards,

dannecf
    Participant

Sorry this time I meant the actual blog grid, not my ‘Best of’

The blog grid doesn’t seem to change when I change it in settings

Hi @dannecf

Thanks for elaborating.

If you are referring to the Blog Settings at Theme Options > Blog, this actually only affects the “Posts Page”.

Your home page is not the ‘Posts Page’ but is only using the ‘Blog’ template.

All you needed to do was edit the homepage, scroll down and click on the ‘Blog Template’ tab then you just set the grid to ‘three’ as I have done so and it is now working.

You can also specify the featured image dimensions from this tab.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.