Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dinamic widget and sidebars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • fabteam
    Participant

hi all

is there any chance I can find a tutorial how to set different sidebars and widgets on different pages ?

I think that Dynamix is powerful enough to avoid installing something as widget logic, but I am lost.

thanks by advance

regards

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you create the number of sidebars in DynamiX -> General Settings you require. Then add the widgets to the sidebars you can then select those sidebars from within the Pages -> Sidebar Configuration. 

fabteam
    Participant

thanks !

In the Page Layout Configuration I choose "full width"

but my forum page still appears with two side coloms (fabteam.fr/network/forums), as the main page.

Or if in buddypress setting I choose "fullwidth", if i choose the two colomns in the Dynamix steeing, they do not appear in the page.

Am I missing something ?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

So within DynamiX -> General Settings -> BuddyPress you have the layout set to full width but it's not accepting it? It should do, that's how this site is working…

fabteam
    Participant

"So within DynamiX -> General Settings -> BuddyPress you have the layout set to full width but it's not accepting it? It should do, that's how this site is working…"

Once DynamiX -> General Settings -> BuddyPress is moved to full width, all the pages of the site are full width

If in a particular page I check something else (say 2 colomns left and right) they do not appear…

Even if I specify sidebar 1 & 2 in the Sidebar configuration of the page.

fabteam
    Participant

ok so I finally understood that disabling the sidebars in buddypress requires some coding…

my main concern would be to disable both sidebars in the forum section in order to provide a better view

i know it's not related to DynamiX but if someone already know the modification I'd be happy ! 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you send me your login details so I can take a look – it seems strange that it's not working as it should. As you can see from this site I can control the sidebar configuration. This site is completely standard. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.