Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Disappearing Blog and Search Results Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Greg
    Participant

Hi – I have an issue with the content on the main blog list and search results pages disappearing when I have two specific plug-ins activated.

One is wishlist member – the other is dynamic widgets – both amazing plug-ins, one controls human access to content and ther controls where widgets appear in different parts of the site.

I am only seeing this error in Firefox and IE – Chrome is fine.

Is this something that can be fixed in the template – or is this likely a javascript conflict that needs a coder to fix?  It seems odd that it only affects the blog and search pages and only is some browsers.

Any help / advice is very appreciated.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You're using quite an old version of the Theme, I've added better support for plugins in the later versions – it maybe worth trying and upgrade first to see if that resolves the issue. 

Greg
    Participant

OK – I will try that.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Andy – I have upgraded the theme and this time have set up my css changes in the child theme – which is great.

At first I thought this had solved the issue, when I am logged in the blog appears fine.

When I am logged out though it doesn't, please see the two screen shots below:

Logged-in:  http://apsio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/logged-in.png

Logged-out:  http://apsio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/logged-out.png

I realise now that this is happening on all browsers, it is just when I checked last I was logged-in on one of the browsers, I am getting the same issue on Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

What plugins are installed and if you disable them does it have any affect? I can't see to replicate the issue on the demo site .

Greg
    Participant

Hi Andy

It happens when I have Dynamic Widgets and Wishlist Member both activated, but only when logged out, when logged in it is fine.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure what to suggest then, it really depends on what those plugins are doing – I'm using standard wordpress search page functions so shouldn't affect it. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.