Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Do Not Want Blog Sidebar on Blog Homepage AND Blog Post Layouts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • kateyello
    Participant

Hello,

I’m currently playing around with the You Theme options on our staging environment. I’ve played with all of my options and it appears that when I change the “Default Post Layout” to left sidebar this changes the blog homepage to include the sidebar. This looks pretty silly when you are using a grid layout. Is there a way you can disable the sidebar on the homepage, but still have this on the internal pages?

I have screenshots but looks like I can’t attach them here.

Best,
    Kate

Hi @kateyello

Did you create a custom blog page or a dedicated blog page? If yes, you should have an option to remove the sidebar and set it to full-width. If you didn’t, the posts page will be dependent on that setting.

The best option is to create a custom blog page.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

I’m not 100% Sure how to answer your question—on the page that is the blog homepage I selected Template > Blog. In the “Customize” section I have 1x right sidebar selected, as that is how I want the blog post pages to appear but this is also how the blog homepage is displaying.

How would I go about creating a custom blog homepage, if that is the solution?

Hi @kateyello

Can you please send over your site URL and login credentials so we can look into it your setup?

Thanks!

kateyello
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kateyello

This should now be fixed. Can you please check and confirm from your end?

Thanks!

kateyello
    Participant

This is, thank you!

You’re welcome, @kateyello

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.