Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Does a Static Home Page Need to Be Created Before…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Campbell
    Participant

Good afternoon Andy,

Does a static home page need to be created prior to doing your Home Page Tutorial Set Up?  I am just curiopus because I have had some abnormalies when trying to get the images to show up after following along with your video tutorial. I have found the info about troubleshooting the file permissions and so forth but No images seem to populate the "Cache" Folder. I have even been on the phone with hostgator and checked to see if there is or was a GDLibrary or MOD_SEC issue going on.

I have done a fresh WordPress install on a differnet server account I have with Hostgator to see if this duplicates in a different location…we'll see!  In the mean time the static home page question answer would be appreciated.

Thank you Andy,

Campbell McArthur

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Campbell,

I'm not sure what you mean – you can create the page as you're going along, once the page is created you can set it as your home page by going to WP Admin -> Settings -> Reading -> Static Page -> Select the page you just created? 

Ask them also what version of PHP they are running aswell? It's probably a folder permissions issue – which they need to set. 

Campbell
    Participant

Hey, Brother

I actually have been working on the site all night and yes it is done just fine this go around!  Also just applied the static page deal and that works like a champ!

One question though, I have had to create a post page for every picture listing so that I have applied to the settings for the HOME Page. Now I know that that is probably not necessary but how do you assign Multiple images perpost where they can be incorporated by your template?

BTW man you template ROCKS!! Very nice work Andy!  It is very different working with this template vs any other that I have used before. Almost like reinventing the whell different. But I am quite sure qwhen you have masterd it  or as you progress it just kicks doors wide open with its potencial and unlimited possibilities!

I am Creating my own Tech Blog based off of GENESISI Framework Currently and will be doing allot of reviews…(I am a Excellent writer) how do you like the sound of a really nice review thrown your way Andy?

Here is the Mock Up Site with your Template>>>http://c-c-r-tech.info/blog/

Here is my Tech Blog site That I am currently Building>>>>> http://www.lostplanet-techbloggers.com/

Tell me if that appeals to you any Andy I have a couple more weeks before my site goes live and is 150% so let me know.

Yes, and also the Multiple Images / Post Question deal please.

Thank You

Campbell

Campbell
    Participant

Hey, Brother

I actually have been working on the site all night and yes it is done just fine this go around!  Also just applied the static page deal and that works like a champ!

One question though, I have had to create a post page for every picture listing so that I have applied to the settings for the HOME Page. Now I know that that is probably not necessary but how do you assign Multiple images perpost where they can be incorporated by your template?

BTW man you template ROCKS!! Very nice work Andy!  It is very different working with this template vs any other that I have used before. Almost like reinventing the whell different. But I am quite sure qwhen you have masterd it  or as you progress it just kicks doors wide open with its potencial and unlimited possibilities!

I am Creating my own Tech Blog based off of GENESISI Framework Currently and will be doing allot of reviews…(I am a Excellent writer) how do you like the sound of a really nice review thrown your way Andy?

Here is the Mock Up Site with your Template>>>http://c-c-r-tech.info/blog/

Here is my Tech Blog site That I am currently Building>>>>> http://www.lostplanet-techbloggers.com/

Tell me if that appeals to you any Andy I have a couple more weeks before my site goes live and is 150% so let me know.

Yes, and also the Multiple Images / Post Question deal please.

Thank You

Campbell

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Campbell,

That would be awesome thanks and I'm glad you like the theme 😉

Regarding the images, I would use the Gallery Slide Set system (especially if you're running DynamiX 2.8.3 – it's so quick to add images to a gallery.) Using post just for Galleries is not the fastest or nicest method. 

See this screencast for the Gallery Slide Set. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.