Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Does this mean my site has been hacked?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Karen Switzer-Howse
    Participant

Hi,

For the last two days when I log into my WordPress Admin I've gotten a long line of code at the top that I don't understand.  My site seems to display OK so I'm not sure what is happening.

BTW, I've already updated the theme and the lines are still there.

Here's what it looks like:

"Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web257/b2579/nf.centerforevironmentalleadersh/public_html/c4el/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php:1) in /hermes/bosweb/web257/b2579/nf.centerforevironmentalleadersh/public_html/c4el/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php on line 2"

Any suggestions as to what how I can get rid of whatever this is?  Do I need to edit the 'functions.php'?

Thanks for any suggestions/pointers as to what i shoulod do.

Karen

RadCon
    Participant

Hi Karen, that's probably a conflict with your browser cache. Clean your browser cache then go to your website homepage and click on F5 key. Two or three hits are needed sometimes. 

Can you get back here and tell us if it fixed the problem ?

Karen Switzer-Howse
    Participant

Hi RadCon,

Thanks for the suggestion – unfortunately it didn't work. 

I ran through the sequence several times however on signing in to WorPress I still get the same message.  I've checked the functions.php in the DynamiX theme folder to see if there is any reference to "hermes" or any of the other language there and there isn't.

I clicked on the [function.session-start] link since it was shown as an active link and got an Archive page for a blog post with the following at the bottom of the page"

'Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_pagenavi() (previously declared in /hermes/bosweb/web257/b2579/nf.centerforevironmentalleadersh/public_html/c4el/wp-content/plugins/wp-pagenavi/core.php:12) in /hermes/bosweb/web257/b2579/nf.centerforevironmentalleadersh/public_html/c4el/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/wp-pagenavi.php on line 197

Went to the file "wp-pagenavi.php" in the folder listed and wan't able to identify anything unusual that made any reference to the first part of the path string shown.  I'm sending it off to the hosting compnay but they tend to say they don't trouble-shoot WordPress so I'm not too hopeful of much help from them.  

I do have other WordPress sites in the same hosting account with different themesw and so far I haven't gotten any wierd messages at them.

Still searching the web for any ideas that might help but nothing yet.

Cheers 🙂

Karen

RadCon
    Participant

Can you provide an URL ? It's much better to help.

Karen Switzer-Howse
    Participant

Thanks for your offer of help but I won't have to bother you about it now – it was as I suspected and the problem was with something the hosting company was doing/not doing because after I contacted tham and they at first said they couldn't replicate the issue, they sent another email saying they had replicated the problem and fixed it. 

Love how when the problem originates with them they never given any explanation as to what exaactly happened or why it happened.

Anyway, that problem is taken care of – now all I have to do is get rid the .htaccess issue (again, I'm suspicious of what's going on with the hosting company servers as I followed the instructions found at WordPress site to move file to a back-up folder and warning still there!  Ah technology – gotta love how logical it all is LOL/.

Thanks again and have a great day (or evening depending on where you're sitting)!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

karen,

the above warning seems to suggest you have installed wp-pagenavi plugin,this plugin is hardcoded in the theme so its not required to install the plugin,

as for .htaccess that is often targeted for malware and will cripple a site,like mine was hit a few days ago,i had a .htaccess in nearly every folder on the server,my advice is if it appears suspect,backup your database and theme files,then wipe all off the server and reinstall a fresh wordpress,but before uploading back to the server do a full comprehensive virus scan of any computor that you use to access the server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.