Home / Forums / ePix Support / Double Read More

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • mennes_maarten
    Participant

Hello,

How can I fix the double Read More in the image below? I’d like to keep the red button only.

doublereadmore

Thanks,
    Maarten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maarten,

Are you using a plugin for excerpts? Do you have a link to that page and I’ll see where it’s coming from.

mennes_maarten
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m still developing locally. But I have no plugin for excerpts. The posts page uses a ‘Posts Masonry Grid’ and on the blog page itself the text is implemented as a visual composer Text Block.

readmore

Maarten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I can see what is happening now. You’re using a “Grid Element” that has a “Read more” button in. If you edit that Gallery and goto the Item Design” tab and edit the “Modify Selected” link, you can edit the Grid Element and remove the Button.

mennes_maarten
    Participant

Hi Andy,

thanks, that worked. However, I liked the ‘Read More’ button. It’s the ‘… Read More’ text on the first post that I would like to see removed. I’m guessing this has something to do with the length of the excerpt it’s showing, ie related to the class ‘excerpt-readmore’, if I could remove the ‘Read More’ and keep the ‘…’ that would be desired.

Thanks,
    Maarten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maaten,

I’m not sure if this will work, but try adding the following CSS into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.excerpt-readmore {content:'...';}

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If not, please post a link to your page where this is happening and I’ll try to provide a solution.

mennes_maarten
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Found it! The Custom CSS did not work, I had to change the settings in the functions.php
    Changed the commented line for the line below it and it works, yay.

function new_excerpt_more($more)
    	{
    		global $post;
    		/*return ' ... <a class="excerpt-readmore" href="'. get_permalink($post->ID) . '">' . __( 'Read More', 'themeva' )  . '</a>';*/
    		return ' <a class="excerpt-readmore" href="'. get_permalink($post->ID) . '">' . __( '... ', 'themeva' )  . '</a>';
    	}	
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s a shame, I thought it would be best to edit it without changing the function. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.