Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / DynamiX 2.8.5 Is available to download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Keymaster

Update includes

• BuddyPress 1.5 Compatible
    • RTL Support (beta)
    • Accordion – collapse all panels option
    • Extra compatibility with plugins including Events Manager
    • Add HTML to header option
    • Add Favicon option
    • Combined some CSS files
    • Fixed version Notifier

Kevin Amter
    Participant

Installed.

One thing I noticed is that the column accordian drop down gallery ( left below the twitter feed same as your Video example ) is not "opened" when the site loads.

This is different as the first is normally open where the user can see the content and the lower two are closed.

Seems to be a browser issue. Works on Firefox, but not Safari or Chrome. Twitter feed isn't viewable on Chrome either. Plug in issue instead? 

The main larger top slider now works perfect. I has sizing issues before.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure what you mean – can you send a link please?

Kevin Amter
    Participant

http://www.advertisingfreelance.com

Jeremy
    Participant

Andy,

I want to update but remembered I made changes to the css for the sidebar and possibly some other info. I have no idea how to do a child them setup and now I realize I probably should have figured that out in the beginning. 🙂

your thoughts?

Jeremy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Kevin,

I've tested in Safari and Chrome and the top tab is definitely working. It maybe a cache issue on your browser because I changed the way it works. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Jeremy,

The only thing I can recommend is to compare your style.css file with the original style.css file you modified to see the changes between the two files.

If you don't still have the original style.css that maybe an issue. There wasn't too many changes in the style.css compared to 2.8.4 so you could compare those two.

Then activate the Child theme and copy just the modified CSS into the DynamiX-Child/style.css file. 

Jeremy
    Participant

Sweet! That was easy. Just used "Beyond Compare" to compare both files and copy/pasted my changes to the child theme style.css, upgraded everything and back in business. WOOT!

Jeremy

BrianK
    Participant

Sorry,  Images are not showing. We have tried virtually everything.

What is your refund policy as we are extremely busy and never have time

for extensive troubleshooting. We have been at this going on 3 HRS.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately you would not be able to receive a refund because the theme works 100%. Did you try this page? http://help.themeva.com/troubleshooting/dynamix-troubleshooting/images-not-showing/

The issue is coming from the timthumb script and it maybe your hosting preventing this from happening. If you format your images correctly you can switch timthumb off within the DynamiX -> General Settings -> Timthumb. 

Kevin Amter
    Participant

@Brian,

I had a similar issue when I changed my URL. No images.

Andy was incredibly helpful and gave me input to discover what I had done wrong. I have to stress that again. I did something. Not him.

I also keep his 'child' theme uploaded and have never had an issue with his updates.

I'm a user/buyer like you and I really wanted to support Andy here. He's the only guy ( personally I think he's a couple people not just one ) I have found that answers questions, updates his Theme and takes input to improve our Theme. I haven't found that with other Theme developers and am having issues with them, because most don't include the child. He's also one of the few BuddyPress experts.

There are always hiccups with WP and a lot of the times they are Plugin issues. Ironically it is the best and worst part of the process.

Best.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the feedback – I wish I was more than one but unfortunately not (hence why I only have 1 theme released, takes a little longer than other authors/companies to release themes…). 

Brian, if you're still having issues just let me know. 

Andy

manu
    Participant

hello,

i upgraded the latest version and i've got this message 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_dequeue_style() in /home4/zetapres/public_html/pix/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/functions.php on line 21

i put back a previous version.2.8.2

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Manu,

What version of WordPress are you using because that error is a wordpress function. 

Kostas
    Participant

Hello,

I upgraded my theme to 2.8.6 and now i have a 3D gallery align problem. My site is http://apollonasbc.gr

Any help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.