Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dynamix and bbpress/buddypress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Eric Hedberg
    Participant

Hello, I am using the Dynamix theme on my site: http://www.emmanuelcovenant.ca. I am also using the Buddypress plugin with bbpress for forums. I have searched and tried many things but the forums do not show up for members of the site, not can members create forums. Also, the link to “join” groups is broken – it doesn’t go anywhere – if it even shows up. And groups cannot be formed by members either.

I know very, very, VERY little html so I can’t get into the back end and code. I’m just trying to figure out how to make forums and groups work for members – is this a Dynamix issue? Or is it a bbpress/buddypress issue? Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

It looks like you have created the forums in the wrong place. If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Tom

Eric Hedberg
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jay Smith
    Participant

I am trying to use the membership levels option that is added with bbpresspro where it will hide pages from different levels but when I try to hide the members page it does not hide it. I also tried the short code provided by bbpress but you must have something in the php script that is not allowing me to hide those pages. is there a way for me to do this?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

@eccfamily, unless the user has a very high access level, they cannot create forums the conventinal way. A way for users to be able to create forums is forums within groups. For example, here. As we have done with the DynamiX demo site, the forums are set up within groups.

@condormarketing, please can you test this out with the standard WordPress theme Twenty Fourteen to see if this is a theme issue or not please?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Eric Hedberg
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not able to add media to any of the topic or forums anymore. It worked fine for a couple weeks. I can add new things to the media centre, but I can’t attach any media to forum or topic posts.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

This is not a standard buddypress option to upload files and images, unless you have an extra plugin that does this, I am not sure how your site was achieving this. If you have updated WP and the theme recently, the plugin may not have been updated so it has issues with the updated code, I am not sure.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.