Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dynamix may conflict (or not setup to work) with BuddyPress GTM, Collabpress conflicts with Dynamix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Marcus Cake
    Participant

There appears to be a conflict between Dynamix and the Buddypress GTM plugin. There is also a conflict between Collabpress and Dynamix Accordian text list. Please read below. This includes some of the content at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/703045

I disabled all plugins.I activated Buddypress and Buddpress GTM. All caches were turned off and emptied. I went to a groups page. It displayed GTM's "Projects and tasks" groups tab.I clicked on it and it did the same thing – ie;it returned a blank empty white screen (not a 404 or 500 server error).

I then switched to the "Buddypress Default 1.5.2"theme. When I click on GTM's "Projects and tasks" tab, a list of recent posts appears (not the white page above). At this stage only two plugins are active(Buddypress and Buddypress GTM plugins)and the Buddypress Default theme. GTM still does not work.

My WordPress installation runs well with more than 60 plugins. GTM distorts the layout of pages and posts (by shifting page/post content down until it is past the content in the right sidebar) and delivers a white page when clicking on the "Projects and tasks" tab on the Dynamix theme, or recent posts on the Buddypress Default theme.

I think the problem appears to be with the Dynamix theme, and GTM. I am very keen to use the Buddypress GTM plugin. I have tried Collabpress which appears to be more popular, but has a fraction of the functionality and is not intuitive. Collabpress also distorts the "Accordian" text bullet point feature used on the home page.

I will post this in the GTM plugin forum and the Dynamix forum. I would be very grateful for any help.

FYI – The plugin will be used athttp://www.marcuscake.com/community/groups/economic-development/ and other groups.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

I can not see any conflicts on the page – if the plugin fails to work with even the Standard BuddyPress theme then I would be keen to see what GTM have to say first because I've designed the theme to be as compatible as possible with as many plugins as possible. 

I'm not sure what you mean by Accordion Text List?

Marcus Cake
    Participant

Andy

Thanks for having a look … I appreciate it!

The shortcode that is distorted by Collabpress is  [ accordion collapse="yes" ]. 

Marcus Cake
    Participant

I have disabled the plugin at marcuscake.com and http://www.marcuscake.com/community/groups/economic-development/ . There are no errors to be seen.

I suspect that it is a GTM error and we will need to wait for feedback from the developer of GTM.

I do appreciate you having a look at this … it is probably not a Dynamic issue (in retrospect)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.