Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dynamix theme supported on Digital Ocean Servers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Xavier
    Participant

So I REALLY love this theme. Like not even joking, best $55 spent. 😀

However, I’m quite fresh-faced when it comes to wordpress plugins, namely Visual Composer.

I used eleven2 hosting prior to installing this theme, and found out that VC didn’t work well on shared hosting. It timed out often, blah blah blah, which led me to make an executive decision. End the host and use a vps.

Not sure is this is the right choice but I was thinking about using Digital Ocean to host my Dynamix Theme. But I’m not sure if I will get support with Visual Composer. Is this a safe move? Has it been done before?

Thanks 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

I have not heard of the theme being used on DO before but I recommend contacting them directly to ask about WordPress themes running on their server. I see no issues but as it is effectively a server starting from scratch, there may be some extra PHP modules that they recommend installing, like gdlibrary, phpimage magik etc.

As VC is bundled with the theme, support is not offered for this 3rd party plugin. It is updated when the theme is updated usually but if you need support, you may have to buy the plugin.

We use shared servers to run all of our sites, including the demo sites and they work fine so a VPS may be an overkill.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Tom

Xavier
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response!

Okie doke, I may have actually overdid it then since I just registered with asmallorange’s VPS package. Doh! Oh well, I suppose I can give it a go and see if it works. I’ll play around with my setup and will probably end up offering feedback of my findings for you guys in the next few weeks or so once I get it up and running, for the sake of those who are interested.

Thanks again for the help.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thank you, I wish you all the best. Always good to learn how new servers work.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.