Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dynamix Theme with Visual Composer Slowing down the WP Dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Arrowjoker
    Participant

Hello Guys,
    WP, Dynamix and Visual Composer are up to date and I have been noticing for some weeks a massive slow down in the Admin Panel of our WP Site (Dashboard). Also the Frontend has slowed down to my impression. Response times in the dashboard are as the ones of Eniac right now.
    Hoster has went through their server and all works fine and other WP sites on the server (only 10) are in warp 9 compared to our site.
    I have been through all testings plug-in by plugin-in. Disabling the visual composer increased the response time substantially. Switching to a standard WP theme catapults the response time of the dahsboard to lightspeed.

Site has been up and working fine the last 24 months, so I really have no clou what is causing this massive slow down which makes it impossible to update anything in a fluent manner.

Would be glad if you could have a look on it.

Brgds,
    René

Arrowjoker
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is Flickr that is slowing your admin down.

When adding Flickr to your site, it will slow things down. It is not due to the server, theme or WordPress but Flickr itself. Many developers have complained about this but we think they have done it so that users navigate to their site rather than viewing images on their websites. Very frustrating but there is nothing we can do about this unfortunately.

If you are not using Flickr on your site, I recommend removing the plugin and taking out your Flickr username code from Appearance > Theme Options > General > Flickr User ID. I have already done this for you, hence why it is running fast again.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

Arrowjoker
    Participant

Hello Tom,

Now I remeber wanting to shift some pictures to Flickr. Ok, don’t need it anymore :-).
    And yes, removing the User ID speeds up the Dashboards in deed.

You just have saved my day and thank you you once again for the excellent ***** support.

Best regards,
    René

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.