Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Dynamix Widget Gallery changing x1 display

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Divya
    Participant

Hiya Andy,

I'm in love with your theme! Thanks for doing such a great job :).. Am still exploring it so will get back with more detailed feedback later…

I'd like to know if there's some way I can display more than just a single image or post slide at a time? For example, I'm using the widget as a latest updates kinda feed.. And would like for more than one item to display as the widget scrolls… I'd like, for instance, to have three excerpts  visible at any point of time.. 

Think this is possible with a minor hack?

Also, just a suggestion… Think you should remove the fixed width of 220px..  Think that it should inherit it from the container size… This, way, if someone's placing it in a full width or column layout, then it will adjust the width proportionately.. Alternatively, you can add that setting (like you have the 'height') in the widget settings.. Just a suggestion 🙂

Fab work, once again! I will be donating as soon as I'm done customizing it for my client and he coughs up 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Divya,

It would mean having to customise the widget for this to work with mutiple slides. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have time to look into this. 

As for the width, if you want bigger you could use a Image Gallery shortcode instead of the DynamiX Widget Gallery and place the shortcode into a text widget?

Divya
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Sorry for the long delay… Understand you're busy but when ever you have the time, you should think of doing the multiple image thingy because then your widget can be used in so many different ways.. As it is, I can't really find any other plugin that provides what your widget does 🙂 Think it's a fab piece of work :).. Just a head's up.. If I use it to animate text (like the testimonials..) not all the animation types work well.. Some of them seem a bit buggy.. So perhaps you can separate out animations for the images and animations for the text.. 

As for using an Image gallery short code.. Nice idea.. Didn't think of that really.. Need it more for the text than the images anyway.. And was poking around in the theme files and changed the width from 220px to auto.. Seems to work well now..(i.e., it's resizing to the width of my column..).. Hmmm.. come to think of it.. Perhaps the animations aren't working well because of my tweak… Dunno.. 

Also, just wanted to tell you that I successfully changed the total width of the site.. It was easy enough to do :).. Perhaps later you can think of adding a fluid layout? 

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.. 

Cheers,

D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.