Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Edit blog skin, and settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Pietro_2003
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Before I start; Custom Skin Creator – great feature and support videos!

I have set up a couple of blog pages on the site I am developing. This is to sort posts to the appropriate page and have the flexibility that blogs give. One page is for News and the other will be for Editiorial style articles.

1. The different 'News' posts appear on the News page, but when I click on 'Read More' and go into the actual post the skin switches to, what I gather is the generic light grey background. How do I specify one of my custom skins for the actual blog post?

2. In the blog post (or the blog page, for that matter) can I disable the 'Category' or 'Comment' links, and have them not appear at all? (Category: Comment: comments:)

All the best,

Petter.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Petter,

1) Unfortuantely you can't do it with single posts at the moment. 

2) Yes you can disable that via Blog Settings -> Post Meta . This will give you the option to disable the comments,categories etc. 

Hope that helps

Andy

Pietro_2003
    Participant

Not a problem, I'll just have the post in full on the Blog page without it linking further to the individual post on it's own.

Can I disable the link to the actual blog post? Having it only appear on the blog page will be fine. I'll wait to activate the blog post until you allow for custom formatting of blog posts 😉

Do-able?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can disable the link by going to Posts -> Additional Settings -> Disable Post Link. 

Hope that helps

Pietro_2003
    Participant

Dude, talk about a treasure hunt. Found it in the end. 

I just hate asking questions on general WP functionality; that isn't even related to your theme, so thanks for your time answering.

When our site is all tidy and mostly complete we'll make use of that 'Donation' function on this site. I hope others use it!

Cheers.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Petter,

Unfortunately that's not WP functionality it's mine…. I'm trying to find ways to improve the admin to find things, I'll be doing some more screencasts in the future which should help. 

They happen once in a while, It would be greatly appreciated – thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.