Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Editing predefined color schemes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • traubinger
    Participant

Hi @acoda

the color schemes of several items like grid filters can be customized in the item-settings of the background editor. They are named vista blue or mulled-wine for example.

Where are these colors defined?
    Can I define additional color sets?
    Can i modify the color schemes via custom CSS?

Thank you!

Hi @traubinger

These are defined in the theme’s default CSS. If you want to customize them further, you can do so by adding your own Custom CSS.

Thanks!

traubinger
    Participant

Could you please tell me where exactly to find these definitions? I searched the complete style.css but didn’t find anything…

Hi @traubinger

My apologies for the slight mix-up.

The CSS are declared on Visual Composer’s CSS which should be under wp-content/plugin/js_composer/assets/css

Also, instead of touching the original file, it is better to declare your customizations under Theme Options > Custom CSS so any changes you made does not get overwritten with any update to the theme/Visual Composer.

thanks!

traubinger
    Participant

That’s right! But without knowing the names of these classes I cannot create the custom CSS 🙂
    Thank you for the good support!

Hi @traubinger

You can use Firebug or Chrome Dev Tools by clicking on f12 on a browser when you have the site open.

It should show the site’s HTML codes at the left pane then corresponding CSS styles for elements at the right pane.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.