Home / Forums / ePix Support / Embed an .mp4 into a page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Michèle DC
    Participant

Hello Hello!
    I’m currently busy busy exploring all the possibilities with the galleries… and one little question…
    Wishing to embed a diaporama saved as an .mp4 without having it on to YouTube or likewise systems but directly into my own uploads directory.
    Any advice how I should best go to work to have this done?
    Thanks in advance 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can do this by uploading it to your WordPress site then using the 3rd party plugin, JW Player to play your own videos within the galleries. For more information, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good Morning Tom!

Thanks for your reply.
    In the meantime, had gone through your tutorial video & downloaded the JW Player plugin.
    However the file does not appear in the media library… should say I transferred it to the website via http://FTP... might be the reason…
    I can see it there but not from the front end admin panel in WP.
    Any trick or tip to solution this for me?
    Thanks
    Michèle.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You will need to make sure it is in the correct folder /2014/04 etc. Look at where your last images are uploaded. If that does not help, you may need to upload it through the WP Media Library.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Thanks Tom!
    I’ll go & check.
    Via the WP Media Library unfortunately won’t work out as the file is over 50MB i.e. 83MB…
    Have a nice day!

Michèle DC
    Participant

OK Tom just checked… and uploaded a .png to just make 100% sure everything was saved under the right folder…
    All is effectively under uploads/2014/04 but if I can see the latest .png in the WP media library, I can’t see the two video files (one is mp4 the other one is m4v)… the tabs on top in WP media don’t even show a video library…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just had a chat with Andy(theme creator) and he said if there is an upload limit, the best thing to do is to upload the videos and copy the URLs into JW Player.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hello, Hello!
    Reverting to tell you … the video is online & running 🙂
    Yesss… I’m happy!
    Now have to analyse how to get a gallery below the title … I saw some post about it in the forum.
    Shall go to work from there.
    Thanks a million for the help i.r.o. video!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hallo!

Done Tom!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Great, thank you very much 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.