Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Embedding Video into posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Mark
    Participant

I have tried doing this in all ways that I can but no matter what I just can’t seem to get the video to show.

Tried the URL, tried embed code, tried in the post area and also in the Post Image/Gallery options area but still no success.

I’m about to explode ;o)

Also wanted a way to put audio in the page too but without flash so that it supports Ipad etc.

Help!!!! aarrrrggghhhh ;o)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What about using Vimeo or YouTube? The theme supports HTML5 in both?

Mark
    Participant

Hi Andy, it was a Youtube embed.

I managed to do it in the end but this was by cutting and pasting the embed into the body of the post.

Is this the best way? I thought for some reason that entering the details in the POST IMAGE/GALLERY options was the correct place.

Also with the new Gallery Slide Set function this is another place where the code etc could be added.

What is the best way perhaps in order? Suppose I’m confused as to the best option to use and in what situation?

thanks for the help.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You don’t need to place the embed code, just the youtube address (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mqhYu4qSjA ) and select YouTube from the Video Embed select menu.

Mark
    Participant

Hey Andy

Am I being stupid?? ;o) Cut and past just the URL into the post main area – this works fine – Shows video

But there is the area further down, POST IMAGE/GALLERY OPTIONS if just the same URL is inserted and no image in field above then no video shows, if I then insert URL for an image video shows but does not the the image of the URL I inserted if that makes sense? It shows the Youtube image of the actual video which is fine in this instance but how would I get round this if I wanted to use the same “VIDEO GRAPHIC LOGO” across all video media that appears on the site.

One more point, what if I want to insert more than one video? is this when I would use a Gallery Slide set?

Hopefully my dumbness will help others too lol

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.