Home / Forums / ePix Support / Empty string supplied as input

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • lisa
    Participant

Hi, I have just purchased ePix and I have uploaded as per your instructions, but I am receiving this error message:

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: Empty string supplied as input in /home/kiss2137/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 154

Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on a non-object in /home/kiss2137/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 157

Can you please let me know what I need to do.

Cheers
    Lisa

lisa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

The error above occurs when you have not selected a slide set or datasource for your gallery on your page. If you choose a slideset or datasource, this error will disappear.

Kind regards,
    Tom

lisa
    Participant

Hi Tom

thank you, but how do I do that, datasource for your gallery on that page? This is completely new to me.

Cheers
    Lisa

lisa
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

If you are new to WordPress and the theme, I highly recommend checking out a few things in the documentation.

ePix Overview
    How to add a gallery
    Visual Page builder

When adding a gallery, you have to select the source in which it is going to pull the images in from. Currently, you don’t have ePix active so I cannot help you out at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

lisa
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

lisa
    Participant

lisa
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

It is not recommended to use Flickr as the API they provide has been deliberatly made to slow sites down by them as they want users to navigate to their site rather than displaying images on your own. Very annoying as it really slows websites down. I recommend using the built in Slide Set Manager as this is a lot more user friendly and will not make your site sluggish.

You also seem to have the latest version of Visual Composer. This is really not recommended as it is riddled with bugs and can cause major issues. Even on the standard WP theme it causes issues. I recommend deleting it and putting the stable themeva version back on it.

To do this, go to Plugins > Delete VC > Appearance > Install Plugins > Install VC > Now you should have the latest stable VC that is fully compatible with the theme.

You also seem to have a plugin confliction as the theme options are not showing. This may be the version of VC, I am not sure but I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

A lot of recommendations but hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

lisa
    Participant

lisa
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thank you, that worked!! Two questions, I want to change the front page slider from full page to stage, but I just get an error. Also, I need to add a logo into the menu column on the left, I need the logo to be down the bottom. The logo is the AIPP logo which I have to have displayed on the front page. Thank you. Cheers Lisa

lisa
    Participant

lisa
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.