Home / Forums / ePix Support / Enabling Social media

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Liz Tomlin
    Participant

At the moment I can seem to make social; icons work. This may be to do with the following:

The documentation says “If you want to use the social media buttons, you must add your own URL into the boxes and then enable them within pages.”. Please explain what add your own URL into the boxes means, what exactly has to be changed: For example Facebook URL has this default “http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=[get_permalink]&t=[get_the_title]”, what do I need to change?

Aside from this link that I need to get right is there anything else I need to do to enable social media icons? Also I think I can turn them on globally and then switch off for specific pages, do I do that in the WP settings for the post, in the social media tab?

Thank you…………………. liz

Hi @lizat

The default URL on the social icons field is for sharing. If you want to link to your specific facebook/twitter page, then you just need to replace with your own facebook/twitter link.

Can you please send over your login credentials so we can check why the icons do not work?

Regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.