Home / Forums / ePix Support / Epix site stopped loading.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • hoax464
    Participant

My epix wordpress site has been having issues the past few months and I have not been able to find a solution. It wont load past the preloader and just spins forever.

I contacted my hosting provider and they confirmed from the logs it is something to do with my theme and/or the plugin “WPBakery Visual Composer”.

If I log in and deactivate WPBakery Visual Composer the site does then and kick in and load past the preloader however the theme obviously relies heavily on Visaual Composer so its needed to show the site correctly.

http://www.photography.skaremedia.com/

Hi @hoax464

Can you please send over your login credentials so we could personally check on this from our end?

Regards,

hoax464
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @hoax464

Can you please give us permission to disable all plugins to check on this further?

Regards,

hoax464
    Participant

Sure thing, do what ever you need to do. If you disable visual composer you’ll see the site will then load (but totally broken)

Hi @hoax464

Your Visual Composer is outdated. When we tried to manually upload the update, I ran into an error about exceeding the upload limit.

Can you please contact your hosting provider and increase the upload limit to 10MB?

Going back to the issue, based on Chrom Dev Tools, there is a script that has issues on your site, but it was not specified. This caused the preloader to get stuck. I have disable the preloader animation so the site works now.

Regards,

hoax464
    Participant

I don’t see any update pending for the Visual Composer plugin on my plugins page, is it a manual/unreleased update you are trying to apply? Can you tell me what the versions is you are trying to update too and I will try update it manually on my end.

Also the site goes past the preloader now however the sites content still isn’t loading.

Thanks,

hoax464
    Participant

Ive just updated wordpress (i think an update must have been released in the past few days) and seems to be back up and running now thankfully. Will keep an eye on it but seems good for now, thanks for your help!

Glad your site is working now, @hoax464

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.