Home / Forums / ePix Support / ePix Theme is very slow

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Timo Frey
    Participant

Hey.

Yesterday I installed the ePix Theme. But it’s so slow that you can’t really work with it.
    Today I updated the Theme to 1.0.7, but it is still very slow.

I use the latest WordPress 3.8.1.

Any hint is welcome.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have any plugins installed on your site, please try de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting and causing the slow speeds.

What is the URL to your site so I can do a quick speed test?

Timo Frey
    Participant

Hi.

Yesterday I reinstalled WordPress-Update,the ePix Theme and the 2 plugins (Visual Composer & Advanced Excerpt).
    The admin section is still slow, but much better then before.

>>If you have any plugins installed on your site, please try de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting and causing the slow speeds.

I deactivated all plugins, but it doesn’t help. When I switch to a standard theme like Twenty Eleven the admin
    section is fast. Could it be a permission/database problem?
    Do you think it could help to change the PHP Version from 5.3 to 5.4?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Some servers do not like going out to external files/URLs so if you admin is set up to be picked up from a different URL this could be affecting things.

Apart from that I am not sure what could be causing issues. Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you?

d_rum2001
    Participant

Extremely slow when creating slide sets with 50+ images. Machine crashes!!! Using INSTANTWP – all my other themes do not have this issue with large data sets!!! very frustrating

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

What size images are you using? I would not recommend using 50+ images in a single slideset as this is a lot for your server to handle hence the crashing. I recommend creating multiple slide sets of say 30 images each then selecting more than one when creating a gallery.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

@freytimo can you provide your WP login details please and I’ll investigate for you. It could be due to a couple of things:

1. A file is loaded in from an external source for the admin, if your server is blocking this, it will slow down.
    2. You have Flickr enabled and this can be slow due to the way they allow developers to connect to their servers.

It’s not usually an issue, the theme runs just as quick as the Twenty Fourteen ( slightly slower due to more options loading ) but by no means slow.

Timo Frey
    Participant

Hi.

I changed the PHP Version to 5.4 and reinstalled the complete Theme. Now the speed is fine.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.