Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Errors after server switch to Linux

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jason W
    Participant

I changed my server over to Linux from windows on Godaddy and now my theme will not work.  I am getting a page of errors when I try to bring it up.

What can I do to fix this?  Thank you in advance

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I'm not sure what is happening there but it 100% works on Linux. Does your server support session variables and is the version of PHP current (5.1+)? 

Jason W
    Participant

Yes….  It is Godaddy 4GH

They suggested I switch it to Linux based on server time out errors and slowness so I did.  The theme worked great on the windows server prior to them changing it…  Just amazingly slow.  They of course blame the theme….

Now that they have switched it I get these errors showing on the page.  I removed the theme and loaded a fresh copy into the themes folder and it still shows the errors.

wierd…

I only had the frame work of the site up and no content…  It is happening on both of my sites on two seperate hosting accounts both on Godaddy.

I did a complete dump of wordpress and reloaded it and I am still getting the same errors on a fresh load.  Should I reset the database?

Thank you for any suggestions…    Here is the URL so you can see what is happening yourself.  I can't even log in to the back end unless I go into FTP and rename the themes folder.  Then It will let me log in and change the theme.  The stock themes load fine and seam to work….

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I don't get any errors or anything else for that matter when viewing the domain. GoDaddy are notoriously bad at hosting and the theme is on 100's if not 1000's of different hosting accounts without any issues. 

It maybe the theme hasn't uploaded correctly – what version are you using?

Jason W
    Participant

When I try to go to the domain I get a list of errors…

Guess I'm out my hosting costs and looking for a better hosting company….  Im not good enough at this to find a fix…

Jason W
    Participant

Godaddy fixed this…  after I asked for a refund.  They said there is a temp folder missing in the theme and that this is a theme issue.  They added in a php.ini file on their side to get it to work.

I'm not sure why this theme wont load for me without their fiddling.  Didn't take them long to do it.  They did both of my sites. 

Any ideas?  weird.. 

I have the 2.8.5 version bought through Themeforest just a week ago.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Sounds like an excuse to me, no else has had those issues including the demo sites and my test servers and they are all using linux servers. Glad it's sorted though. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.