gust saw that the space from Text to Read more is wrong! any idea?
Die Krise von Poker-König Gus Hansen nimmt kein Ende.
Poker-König Gus Hansen präsentierte sich auch 2014 in desaströser Form. Das Neue Jahr beginnt wie es geendet hat. Gus Hansen hat sich wieder an die Spitze der Verlierer auf Full Tilt
Read more ?
I’m having the same issue as Raymond regarding Theme Options -> Blog, Excerpt + First Custom Image function. I saw your response about
untick Strip shortcodes within Settings > Excerpt.
But I don’t see that anywhere under Theme Options or general WP Settings. Where exactly is this “Strip shortcodes” setting located?
Thanks Raymond… but I’m not seeing it. Under my WP 3.8 “Dashboard” menu (top-left side of the admin backend page), I have no “settings”. I do have a “Settings” menu on the left side of the admin backend page, but it only has options like “General”, “Reading”, “Writing”, “Discussion”, etc. There is no “Excerpt” option.
Am I looking in the wrong place again?
Thanks for the help Raymond.
Pivora, Raymond is correct. It looks like you have not installed the Advanced Excerpt plugin. To install this, go to Appearance > Install Plugins > Install and activate and you should now have the plugin within the settings.
Hope this helps.
Thank you Tom and Raymond.
You were both correct. I did have the plugin deactivated… so I just reactivated it and now I can see it in the Settings menu.
Still, un-ticking the “Strip Shortcodes” option doesn’t affect the issue with the image not appearing in the blog home page. Here is some additional information that might help you spot the problem:
- My blog home page image layout (under Appearance->Theme options->Blog->Layout->Post content) is set to “Excerpt + first/custom image”.
- I created my blog post using the Visual Composer.
- The first item in my post is a single image inserted via Visual Composer. The first line of code looks like this when you view it using the classic viewer:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][imageeffect image="480" type="shadowreflection" width="640" height="426" align="aligncenter" target="_self"]
- I also have added the same exact image as the “featured image” to the blog post
- My blog is set up (under Settings->Reading->Front page displays->Posts page in the admin backend) to point to a page named “blog” that sits at http://big4confidential.com/blog. This page is a blank page with its template set to “blog”.
- When you navigate to http://big4confidential.com/blog, you can see the custom excerpt… but no image at all
Any ideas? What am I doing wrong here?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.