Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Excerpts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Graham Peach
    Participant

Hi,

How do I display just excerpts on my blog category pages and the main blog page.

I just want the excerpts to display a small extract from the post

I have set the settings in the wordpress settings panel to excerpt but full post still displaying.

Many Thanks

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

I just updated to 4.3.1 and i have the same issue

In grid blog, the first 3 (top row) have no excerpt but it was working fine before i updated. i cant get it back without disabling Visual composer (latest update), when its turned off i can see the code for the excerpt, but with it on it all disappears.

Disabling “remove short codes from excerpt” does not bring them back either

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I’m not recommending using the Advanced Excerpt plugin any longer. Please disable the plugin and you should be able to set to excerpt and it will automatically generate an excerpt using a standard WordPress method now.

If you’re still having issues, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you. Click the “Set as private reply”

@brain_slug if you need to post your details, please create a new thread and reply to it with your details.

Graham Peach
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,

It was due to you having a posts page set in Settings > Reading > Posts Page. This blocks the settings.

The functionality to deal with the excerpt will work once you update the theme to DynamiX 4.3.1 ( this is when I introduced it ).

I hope that helps?

Graham Peach
    Participant

Hi

I didnt realise their was an update.

I will look at doing that.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.