Home / Forums / ePix Support / EXIF Data support?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Albrecht Bongartz
    Participant

Hi,
    I uploaded an image with EXIF Data to the wp Media gallery, but they don’t show up anywhere. Does have ePix any native exif functions? Do I have to look for plugins?
    Thanks in advance,
    Albrecht

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Albrecht,

WordPress can only pull in the title and description of the image as default. So the title and description will be in each image within the Media Library. When you pick out these images into the themes Slide Set Manager, the title and description should be there too. It is only until you change the title and description within the Slide Sets that they will be overwritten.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Albrecht Bongartz
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Recently I learned that attachment meta data like the EXIF data are stored in accessible data base fields by WordPress e.g. “camera” or “aperture”. I tried plugins to get the data into my posts and that worked at least partly. I would prefer to have native theme functions to copy the exif data available to the standard attachment fields then used in a formatted way e.g. As Image captions.
    Thanks anyway,
    Albrecht

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Albrecht,

Thank you for this, I will suggest this to Andy (theme creator) as an update.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.