Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Extended Menu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi,

I need to have the ‘Extended Menu’ on my website. I have gone through the documentation at http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/wordpress-custom-menu-extended-menu/

However, I am not able to understand where I have to click for the ‘Top Menu’ and and where to insert ‘extended-menu three-columns’.

And document/video on this would be great help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Shivangi

Hi Shivangi,

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so I can check what you have done so far and I can guide you on how to properly do it?

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Shivangi,

I am not quite sure which menu item you want as Extended so I configured ‘Shop’ as an example. If you will check, all I did was add ‘extended-menu’ to the css-classes input form. This automatically converts the menu item into an extended menu.

For the highlighted numbers on the homepage, this should now be fixed as well. Please check your site.

Regards,

prasadshivangi
    Participant

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Shivangi,

I can’t see the menu issue that you are referring to since it looks like you have converted ‘Shop’ back to a normal menu instead of extended. So that we can personally check what is happening, can you please give us permission to switch shop back as an extended menu, or do you want to leave it as is.

For the contact form issue, that’s actually not an issue on the theme, but on Contact form 7. To fix the issue, copy this CSS and paste it inside Appearance > Theme Options > Customize:

span.wpcf7-list-item {
        display: block;
    }

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi Shivangi,

I do see the issue clearer now. The issue here is that there is just to many sub-items causing it to overflow on the page. This can be fixed via CSS but this will require a lot of code changes.

The easiest workaround would be to move ‘Chef & Bakers’ above ‘Dancers’. If there will still be items that will not be seen, moving ‘Other tools and accessories above ‘Bread Maker’ can be considered. You can also consider lowering the font-size of the menu items and decreasing the padding of each item to save more space.

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi,

Firstly, thanks a tonne for all the advice. I have one last question. How do I decrease the padding of each item? Does this happen through CSS? or is there a general way of doing it? I am new to WordPress.

It’ll be great if you could let me know. Thanks in advance.
    Shivangi

Adjusting the padding is done via CSS. You can use this CSS to lower the padding to around 5px:

#nv-tabs ul li ul li a{
    padding: 5px;
    }

Paste it inside the Custom CSS box under Appearance > Theme Options > Customize.

Thanks!

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Hi,

I have inserted the code you provided in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize. However, no changes are made to my menu. It appears just the same as before.

Any other code needs to be put?

Thanks,
    Shivangi

Hi Shivangi,

Try this code instead.

#nv-tabs ul li ul li a{
    padding: 5px !important;
    }

Regards,

prasadshivangi
    Participant

Thanks for all the help. Issue finally solved 🙂

Regards,
    Shivangi

Glad to know that, Shivangi.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have other issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.