Home / Forums / You Theme Support / (Fixed) Fatal error upgrading from Dynamix to You Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Jack Purdie
    Participant

This is now fixed. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I’ve decided to update the theme on my main site ‘Stage Bright’. I downloaded and activated the theme via the envato tool kit plug in.

Unfortunately my site has now become completely unresponsive, and won’t allow me to access the home page, or even the wp-admin page.

It returns the error:
    “Fatal error: Call to undefined function getVcShared() in /home/stagebri/public_html/wp-content/themes/you/lib/inc/shortcodes.php on line 428”

Could it be a problem that I tried to install the theme while it already had one active? I can’t see why this would be a problem…

Many thanks in advance, looking forward to getting this sorted!

Kind Regards,

Jack

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jack Purdie.

Jack Purdie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jack Purdie
    Participant

Hi,

Okay, I was a bit hasty in marking this as fixed. Although I am now able to access the WP back end, the theme problem still persists…

So thoughts are still welcome as to why this is happening!

Hi @stagebright

Can you send over your site’s URL so we can check on this further from our end?

Regards,

Jack Purdie
    Participant

Yes of course, sorry, that would be helpful!

http://www.stagebright.co.uk.

Thanks

Jack Purdie
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Just an update, after getting my hosting company to try and resolve it, they fixed a broken directory path that seemed to have been causing the problem.
    I then reverted back to Dynamix, and the problem was sorted.

I have since re-downloaded ‘You’ via the Envato API, and tried to install it once more. The same problem has occurred, returning the error:
    “Fatal error: Call to undefined function getVcShared() in /home/stagebri/public_html/wp-content/themes/you/lib/inc/shortcodes.php on line 428”

Could it be that there is an erroneous line of code somewhere, or a broken link in the directory that is causing it to look for whatever this .php file is?

I am once more back in the position where I can’t get my site to do anything!

Thanks in advance for your help

Jack

Hi Jack,

Can you please specify what is your server’s PHP version so I can coordinate this with the developer?

Also, try to coordinate with your hosting provider if it can be upgraded.

Thanks!

Jack Purdie
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Thanks for this.

The PHP version on the server is: 5.6.24.

I am assured this is the current version, and shouldn’t affect compatibility. Is this correct?

Is there a better way of updating the theme to You, without losing all of the content on the pages?

Thanks

Jack Purdie
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

This is now actually sorted… for real…

It was down to an outdated version of Visual Composer. I deactivated and re-downloaded the plug in, and now the theme has installed correctly.

Thank you so much for your help!

Jack.

Glad you’ve fixed this, Jack.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.