Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Feature Request – You Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel, Andy,

I absolutely love the option in ePix of having the main navigation menu on the left of the page and was just wondering if you could possibly add this option to the next You Theme update? At the moment I’m caught between a rock and a hard place as I love all the features (& speed) of You Theme and would like to use it for the website I’m creating for my business but I really would like to have the main navigation like the side menu option of ePix.

If this isn’t on your list – is it possible to add/swap the code from ePix which creates this to the menu code for You? I’m not a PHP whizz by any means but I don’t mind getting my hands dirty and giving it a go?

Thank you

Heli

PS. Cheeky of me but I was wondering, do the Acoda plugins that come with You Theme work for ePix too? If I can’t move the menu to the sidebar then I could possibly do the next best thing and add some of the Acoda plugins from You to ePix!

Hi @heli

We sincerely apologize for the delayed reply. For some reason, I did not see this on the forum the past days.

The easiest option to move the navigation to the left is via custom CSS as I think I have seen 1 or 2 sites on YOU using the same layout but I can’t particularly remember their domain name. This will require a lot of custom CSS to achieve the look.

This CSS is a good start:

.skinset-header #header {
        background-color: #c9c9c9;
        height: 100%;
        min-width: 150px;
        width: 60px;
        margin: 0;
    }

Then you just need to add more CSS to style the menu or just disable it and move it to a dock bar.

I will coordinate with Andy if this is being considered on future updates.

Regarding the plugin, what specific plugin are you looking into? Acoda Typewriter? If yes, I think this will work because I tested this on our test site.

Regards,

heli
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

No need to apologise; your replies are always superquick & this was a feature request & not a support question I wasn’t expecting an immediate reply anyway.

I’ll give the CSS a try (thank you) but it just may be that I need to shake my head out of trying to replicate what I currently have on my live site (ePix Theme) and use the opportunity of creating a completely new layout. Sometimes I get locked into a loop and spend too long trying to reinvent the wheel when I should be inventing something new! (Plus while I have no problem at all coming up with designs for my clients, I’m always at a loss when it comes to redesigning my own site – too much choice!)

Have a lovely Easter & thank you

best wishes

Heli.

Hi @heli

If you run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us so we can check what we can do to achieve the customization you have in mind.

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.