Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Featured Image for Pages?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • James Wright
    Participant

Hi Tom-

Does the theme support featured images for pages? I ask because I’ve set a featured image for a particular page (http://jameswantstoknowyou.com/coca-cola-ad/) & it doesn’t appear when the page is shared on Facebook & LinkedIn. Wondered if I had done something wrong or something…

James

James Wright
    Participant

Oops – forgot to also mention it’s a page & not a post. Is this a wordpress issue or a theme issue?

James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Are you using any sort of Facebook open graph plugin? It may be able to pick up on hidden images. Featured images within pages are not standard to WordPress or the theme, files will have to be modified to achieve this.

Try the following plugin to see if this helps you out. Plugin download page here. You can then test your URL by going here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James Wright
    Participant

Ahhh – okay. Yes, I tried that before reaching out with no success. BUMMER!!! 🙁

James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Using that plugin, I think the image has to be on the page for it to appear and get picked up when being shared. This is the only plugin that gets updated and is supported correctly for FB sharing of its kind.

You may have to add the image to the page for it to work correctly.

Kind regards,
    Tom

James Wright
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Yes, I tried before reaching out; that doesn’t work. I added the image I wanted as the featured image on the page, even have it selected as a featured image in the page tool itself to no avail. Btw, it’s interesting because when you attempt to share the page on facebook it pulls in one image from the droppanel and 2 images from the footer (neither of which are the image I want to be the featured image). In addition, when you share the page on LinkedIn, it pulls in only one featured image (the # 1 in the itemize list I have on the page) bypassing all other images. Either way, it doesn’t work sad to say. But thanks for your help!

I did put in a few customized requests on the premium support side; just FYI.

Thinking about premium support, I wish I could get you to build a tool that actually supports featured images for pages but I will just let that go *LOL* 🙂

James
    http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com

Brian Wohn
    Participant

I’m sure this is a simple question, but I can’t seem to find it. When I set a featured image for a post, it shows up fine (at the top of the post), but when I click the image, I’d like it to pull up a larger image (lightbox), rather then going to the URL of the post (which is where I am). Like the bottom images in this example: http://hammerheadwoodworks.com/brenda-house-remodel/

Is that possible? Thanks much!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Try turning lightbox on within Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Single Posts > Lightbox. ON.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Brian Wohn
    Participant

That was it – thank you sir!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.